Our Core Beliefs
Reformed University Fellowship is a community of students that exist to love and serve God and the University of South Florida. Our goal is to help students come to understand, know, and follow Jesus Christ as they walk through their college years, and to help lay a foundation for a lifetime of following Jesus and serving him in all areas of life. We're here for the campus, both for students from any religious background and students who have no religious background at all. Whatever kind of Bull you are and whatever your story, RUF is for you.
1. Word of God - We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
2. Trinity - We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. Depravity of Man - We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s wrath and displeasure.
4. Sovereignty of God - We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
5. Atonement of Christ - We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
6. Indwelling of the Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
7. Return of Christ - We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
8. Lordship of Christ - We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.